In our prayers to God we must never lose heart and so, in confidence, we approach the Lord for all the needs of the Church and the world.
- We pray for the Church and the spiritual leadership she is there to provide: may she always call on the Lord in all her trials and tribulations knowing that, the greater the storm rages around her, the stronger his support. Lord hear us
- Let us pray for those groups the world over who seek to spend extra time in prayer: may they bring blessings on themselves and on the world and may they grow in fervour and in numbers. Lord hear us.
- For those who find it hard to pray: let them persevere in their prayer and call on the Holy Spirit to help them when they cannot find the right words to express their needs. Lord hear us.
- We pray for an increase in family prayer: may all Christian families renew their dedication to Christ and to one another, seeking to spend some time together in daily prayer. Lord hear us.
- We pray with Mary, Mother of God and Mother of the Church, as we say together: Hail Mary … etc.
- We make our own personal petitions in silence to God our loving Father.
God our Father, we make our prayer to you for the needs of the Church and the world, and for our own needs. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Twenty-ninth Sunday in Ordinary Time – Year C