Holy Cross Photograph Archive
15 Old Town, Wotton-under-Edge
Wotton-under-Edge’s catholic church was a former engine house for a cotton mill and was bought in 1953 for £610
Some nine years later an adjoining house at 13 The Old Town was purchased as a presbytery. The picture shows the church with the house set back on the left-hand side.
The ground floor was a workshop and garage and so initially the first floor was refurbished as a church. The picture shows the interior with the original roof beams visible.
In 1981 Holy Cross Church was remodelled with the church moving to the ground floor and a meeting room created upstairs – the new church would seat 86.